Environmental Concerns


Greensboro home inspector finds mold during an inspection.

Mold is often found when performing home inspections in Greensboro and the surrounding areas. Mold spores are present in outdoor and indoor air. It has tiny spores that reproduces. Mold spores on damp building materials grow and feed on whatever they are growing on to survive. Mold spores can grow on drywall, wood, carpet, and nearly anything it comes in contact with. If there is excessive moisture mold growth will often occur. To control mold growth, you must control moisture inside your home. 


Asbestos found during a greensboro home inspection.

Asbestos is a mineral fiber found in the soil and rocks. During a home inspection asbestos may be found in insulation, vinyl floors, textured paint, furnaces, and covering plumbing pipes. Asbestos is a leading cause of lung cancer, mesothelioma, and lung disease.


Greensboro home inspector finds lead.

Homes built before 1978 could potentially contain lead. Adults and children may injest lead through breathing lead dust, eating lead dust, or eating paint chips. In children lead exposure can lead to nervous system problems, kidney damage, speach problems, poor muscle coordination, hearing damage, and decreased growth. In adults lead exposure can lead to high blood pressure, digestive problems, nerve disorders, memory problems, and joint pain. Lead can be found in homes on surfaces inside and out. As well as in the soil around the exterior of the home.